IPSEC android trouble connecting

General questions.
DrUnknownEMC

IPSEC android trouble connecting

Post by DrUnknownEMC » January 10th, 2017, 8:01 am

So i have set up the IPSEC Roadwarrior using the guide on wiki, but have trouble connecting to it. I have used same cert and user name and password but i get this error when i connect.

Code: Select all

[enc] parsed IKE_AUTH response 2 [ n(AUTH_FAILED) ]
[IKE] recived autherntication_failed notify error 

Also i presume i don't have to do any port forwarding right?

I presume the error is saying my user secret is not correct but when go check the secret i have setup on my ipfire it seem to be same. From the log i could see it could connect to the sever and is able to received CA from it. I not sure where i have messed up, it would nice to tell me where I need to go have another look or point me to right direction.

Thanks

csmall

Re: IPSEC android trouble connecting

Post by csmall » January 10th, 2017, 5:40 pm

I'm taking a guess here but it is possible the Android device doesn't have the whole chain for the certificate(s).

I have seen this happen with the use of public certificates and services on Android devices.

DrUnknownEMC

Post by DrUnknownEMC » January 11th, 2017, 12:58 am

csmall wrote:I'm taking a guess here but it is possible the Android device doesn't have the whole chain for the certificate(s).

I have seen this happen with the use of public certificates and services on Android devices.
I currently only have certificates for the profile, and the host certificates. Do also need root certificates?

csmall

Post by csmall » January 11th, 2017, 1:33 am

DrUnknownEMC wrote:
csmall wrote:I'm taking a guess here but it is possible the Android device doesn't have the whole chain for the certificate(s).

I currently only have certificates for the profile, and the host certificates. Do also need root certificates?
Probably, yes. I would give that a try. The device likely needs the whole chain.

I could be totally wrong but I've experienced this in the past. Can't hurt to try.

csmall

Post by csmall » January 11th, 2017, 9:46 pm

Any luck?

DrUnknownEMC

Post by DrUnknownEMC » January 12th, 2017, 12:24 pm

csmall wrote:
DrUnknownEMC wrote:

Probably, yes. I would give that a try. The device likely needs the whole chain.

I could be totally wrong but I've experienced this in the past. Can't hurt to try.
Hope, i have tired installing host and root and reinstall the client and same problem. I have tired to use different secret but same problem. I have using strongsawn vpn app and it said user authentication failed, i will go try with no password.

Sorry about late reply.

DrUnknownEMC

Post by DrUnknownEMC » January 14th, 2017, 9:11 am

csmall wrote:
DrUnknownEMC wrote:

The window IP SEC seem to able to connect and through the web ui you can see it show as connected and everything works, what is example of ip range?

csmall

Post by csmall » January 15th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Just curious, can you use open VPN?

I can personally say that it works great on android.

DrUnknownEMC

Post by DrUnknownEMC » January 18th, 2017, 12:24 pm

csmall wrote:Just curious, can you use open VPN?

I have openvpn working but i would like to use it when im overseas, such as China which actively block OpenVPN.

DrUnknownEMC

Post by DrUnknownEMC » January 27th, 2017, 11:01 am

csmall wrote:Just curious, can you use open VPN?

Is there an option which allow just basic certificate check, i have tried doing same steps as window but I am not able to get it working. I using StrongSawn Android app.

DrUnknownEMC

Post by DrUnknownEMC » January 29th, 2017, 8:53 am

rusment wrote:I had a similar error. My solution: select one type integrity.
And select: "IKE+ESP: Use only proposed settings"

Are just using basic certification verification or certification +EAP.