IPFire blocking local IP?

General questions.
mickutz

IPFire blocking local IP?

Post by mickutz » September 8th, 2017, 1:06 pm

Hello everyone,

Since yesterday, one of my computers stopped getting access to the firewall (no ping or web UI access) and past it, outside my local network. Every other local IP worked just fine. Today I've discovered that if I change the IP, all goes back to normal. Happy days so far, I've found a fix for my issue.
However, the non-working IP is from my DHCP list on IPFire and I'd like to go back to it.
I've been playing recently with a IP/port scanner that I've written in Python that is meant to find as quickly as possible some machines on my network and get some info, so it causes a lot of noise on the network. Is it possible that the firewall might have blocked my IP because I was running the scanner too many times? I've looked in the Guardian section and there's nothing there, where else can I check?

Roberto Peña

Re: IPFire blocking local IP?

Post by Roberto Peña » September 9th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Hi mickutz.

As rapid solution, you can put your green segment in ignored host in Guardian Addon.
Ignored Host.jpg
May be works for you. For me, yes.

Sorry for my bad English.

Regards.

mickutz

Re: IPFire blocking local IP?

Post by mickutz » September 18th, 2017, 11:24 am

Hi Roberto,
It started working on its own after I got back from my holiday. I'll definitely test your fix if it reoccurs. Somehow I've completely missed the "Ignore" section.