Intel Corporation - Wireless 8260 support

Help on building IPFire & Feature Requests
Deepcuts

Re: Intel Corporation - Wireless 8260 support

Post by Deepcuts » April 27th, 2016, 3:34 am

Finally gave up, unplugged the WiFi card and put back my old Asus RT-AC68U as an AP. (another +11-20 W ftw)

mountainx

Post by mountainx » June 28th, 2016, 9:56 pm

Here is a summary of my steps (thanks to all the posts in this thread):

vamdolly

Post by vamdolly » February 13th, 2017, 3:40 pm

mountainx wrote:Here is a summary of my steps (thanks to all the posts in this thread):
Ok i got this working if anyone is having an issue use the commands in quote post. but in my case the machine would only load the firmware if i ssh it from windows in putty other then that the machines terminal adds files but apon reboot wont load them.

However that being said im having an issue with the wifi it self it can be seen i can connect to it with any device but the devices cant use the internet i just get resolving host in corner of browser .

Deepcuts

Post by Deepcuts » February 17th, 2017, 4:23 pm

quote: You can also enter the whole network (cidr notation) in the IP Field and leave the MAC empty. (The "*" on this page is wrong. At least one of the fields must be filled)

Tried that?

vamdolly

Post by vamdolly » February 19th, 2017, 1:58 am

Thanks for the help it started working fine after the 109 core up date was installed.

googleman

Post by googleman » September 4th, 2017, 2:16 am

Hello,
I've found this interesting thread during a research, it seem that the intel wireless card 8260 is on the Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I.
You have said that the firmware are needed for regulation because of the two bytes in the EEPROM, I think it would be possible to modify this EEPROM (intel provide a utility for EEPROM dump and modification)

Therefore changing these two bytes in the hardware and bypassing the firmware

What do you think about this solution ?

Thank you.

Arne.F
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by Arne.F » September 4th, 2017, 7:15 am

You have not posted the link!
Arne

Support the project on the IPFire whishlist!

PS: I will not answer support questions via email and ignore IPFire related messages on my non IPFire.org mail addresses.

googleman

Post by googleman » September 4th, 2017, 3:18 pm

Fuck I don't believe this is you the creator of this famous ATA security extension I wouldn't believe I would speak to you ever
However your BIOS extension is very outdated you need to update, I've used a Asrock motherboard instead and the support give a modded BIOS with ATA security if you ask them
I don't know why Germans always doing really good stuff and us as French we really sucks, what are your secrets ?

ftp://ftp.axxiv.ch/FTP/MEVIS/PC/DRIVERS ... update.txt

The tool is called eeupdate.exe you can find it easily with some research you can modify everything in the EEPROM if your card is not OTP (one time programmable) if OP can try that would be helpful for me as well

I've already done it one time on my motherboard with the onboard Intel Ethernet this was like more than 6 months ago I don't remember anything but I think this would be easy for guys like you, make sure CRCs are updated as well

I don't think I'm of any help with guys like your technical level