eMMC and IPFire

subvip7

eMMC and IPFire

Postby subvip7 » October 10th, 2014, 9:55 am

I am attempting to install IPFire on an ASUS ES1-111M-C40S.  I have it connected to an external CD drive which has the core 83 IPFire release.  I get a hard drive not found error once I get into the installer.  During boot I see the following error
"mmc1: unrecognised ext_csd revision 7" "mmc1: error -22 wilst initializing MMC card".

I see that Ubuntu just released a fix for this same error so I'm guessing this is something that needs to be fixed on the IPFire side not something I can fix as an end-user.

This computer has a 32G eMMC hard drive which I'm guessing is the problem. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks!!!!  IPFire is AWESOME!
Joshua

Arne.F
Core Developer
Core Developer

Re: eMMC and IPFire

Postby Arne.F » October 10th, 2014, 11:14 am

The IPFire kernel supports at the moment only eMMC < 5.0

I will add the patch to the next kernel update but it need some time until this reach the stable IPFire version.
Arne

Support the project on the IPFire whishlist!

PS: I will not answer support questions via email and ignore IPFire related messages on my non IPFire.org mail addresses.

subvip7

Postby subvip7 » October 10th, 2014, 6:22 pm

That's awesome.  Can you give me a ballpark idea when that will be available?  Days, weeks, months?

-Joshua

Arne.F
Core Developer
Core Developer

Postby Arne.F » October 11th, 2014, 12:11 pm

Not exactly. I think this year but im not sure.

http://people.ipfire.org/~arne_f/testin ... rnel-test/
This images are the same as upcoming core84 except the updated kernel.

But keep in mind that the pae kernel from pakfire will not work.
Arne

Support the project on the IPFire whishlist!

PS: I will not answer support questions via email and ignore IPFire related messages on my non IPFire.org mail addresses.

lucifercipher

Postby lucifercipher » October 15th, 2014, 10:40 am

subvip7 wrote:I am attempting to install IPFire on an ASUS ES1-111M-C40S.  I have it connected to an external CD drive which has the core 83 IPFire release.  I get a hard drive not found error once I get into the installer.  During boot I see the following error
"mmc1: unrecognised ext_csd revision 7" "mmc1: error -22 wilst initializing MMC card".

I see that Ubuntu just released a fix for this same error so I'm guessing this is something that needs to be fixed on the IPFire side not something I can fix as an end-user.

This computer has a 32G eMMC hard drive which I'm guessing is the problem. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks!!!!  IPFire is AWESOME!
Joshua

Every complex problem has a very simple solution. Get a small 8GB flash drive and use it instead of internal eMMC chip.

http://www.takealot.com/adata-ud310-8gb ... ID27023703

But try to use without journaling to avoid massive read writes just like you would on any other MMC or eMMC drive.

Return to “Installation”