Kein Support mehr für Wandboard Quad RevB1?

Das Grundgerüst des IPFire - Hardware Allgemein und auch spezielle Hardwarefragen und Probleme
MarkusB

Kein Support mehr für Wandboard Quad RevB1?

Post by MarkusB » January 27th, 2019, 2:04 am

Hi,

nach dem Sprung von 2.19 auf 2.21 lässt sich IPFire auf dem Wandboard mit der bestehenden Anleitung nicht mehr zum Laufen bringen - zumindest nicht von mir;-)
Klar, es gibt kein zImage mehr, aber das Problem liegt schon darin, dass sich u-boot nicht einmal mehr auf der Konsole meldet.
Ein paar Experimente mit der 2.19 u-boot Version (bootet den Kernel nicht) und Anpassungen am boot.script haben leider nicht zum Erfolg geführt.

Kann jemand unterstützen und/oder die Anleitung aktualisieren?

Vielen Dank und viele Grüße

Markus

Arne.F
Core Developer
Core Developer

Re: Kein Support mehr für Wandboard Quad RevB1?

Post by Arne.F » January 30th, 2019, 12:04 pm

Sorry, i have no wandboard.

I have build the new u-boot with default config for wandboard + needed IPFire settings so this should work. Is there any special need at install? The new u-boot seems to have a different format. Maybee it must be installed to an other location or you need an other file to flash.
Arne

Support the project on the donation!

PS: I will not answer support questions via email and ignore IPFire related messages on my non IPFire.org mail addresses.

MarkusB

Re: Kein Support mehr für Wandboard Quad RevB1?

Post by MarkusB » January 30th, 2019, 6:23 pm

Hi Arne,

I don't know much about u-boot or the boot process on ARM in general, so please forgive me if the following is not a proper or even necessary solution.
Here is what worked for me:

- Build u-boot for i.MX6 according to Robert Nelson.
https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/ ... /Wandboard

- Write the ipfire image on the sd card.

Code: Select all

sudo dd if=ipfire-2.21.2gb-ext4.armv5tel-full-core126.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1M
- Write the generated SPL and u-boot.img from the first step to the sd card with the given offsets.

sudo dd if=u-boot/SPL of=/dev/sdX bs=1k seek=1
sudo dd if=u-boot/u-boot.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1k seek=69
Since the sd card on the EDM module is, for some reason, exposed as mmcblk2 on my board instead of mmcblk0, I had to add the following line to uEnv.txt:

root_dev=/dev/mmcblk2p3
That's it - the rest is handled by your existing boot.scr.
Not sure what will happen on the next core update - but I guess I will find out ;)

Best Regards

Markus