Persistent Custom Rules

General questions.
agillator

Persistent Custom Rules

Post by agillator » July 10th, 2019, 4:19 pm

According to the wiki /etc/sysconfig/firewall.local start is run at boot [IPFire 2.23 (x86_64) - Core Update 134 ]. Supposedly ...stop would also be run at shutdown. It appears this is not the case. I have a number of custom rules I want inserted in the appropriate CUSTOM. . . chain at boot. It is not happening. An example rule: /sbin/iptables -A CUSTOMINPUT -s 5.39.221.54 -j DROP. All rules are appended properly if I run the file manually. The same is also true of the stop rules (-D instead of -A, of course). Note that I am using the complete path for iptables, I have been bitten by the different PATHs assumed (as in none) by various programs at various times so I believe that to not be the problem. Any thoughts on what the problem is? Should I perhaps put a script in /etc/init.d to run firewall.local and set it to run after /etc/init.d/firewall on start and before it on stop? Or is it time to get the computer's attention with a bigger hammer . . . that does work occasionally; one must keep them afraid of you, you know.