ntopng for IPFire

Help on building IPFire & Feature Requests
ummeegge
Community Developer
Community Developer

Re: ntopng for IPFire

Post by ummeegge » March 5th, 2018, 4:11 pm

Danke für das nette Feedback Marko :) .
did you also tried some different settings (some testings) with this version ? Or better ask in general before, which version did you use, with which settings ? Since gocart delivers the current actual/stable version 3.2 in here too, whereby my version hangs for that topic at this time on the DEV versions currently 3.3.x it might be a nice feedback for this testings here to know what the operating modes are on which environment.
Have had some error messages by the usage of "Active Network Discovery" with the DEV version.

As a little announcement, if we find (sort out) some serious bugs related to IPFire, we can communicate them with the Ntopng people via Github and try to fix them with the developers.

Greetings to all,

UE

MaDa

Post by MaDa » March 7th, 2018, 11:05 am

Hi UE, I used this one:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19565
I didn't have any trouble. Ntopng works from scratch fine. There was no reason the try different configurations.

Best regards, Marko

ummeegge
Community Developer
Community Developer

Post by ummeegge » March 7th, 2018, 5:55 pm

Good to know,
thanks for your feedback.

UE

greenhut

Post by greenhut » March 8th, 2018, 10:24 pm

ummeegge wrote:
February 17th, 2018, 5:14 pm
Hi and welcome to IPFire and thanks for the positive feedback.
greenhut wrote:
February 14th, 2018, 3:12 am
(love the simple and effective QoS!)
Which QoS do you mean ? Since Ntopng do provides also an QoS, but i think only in the paid version did you use such ?
IPFire provides also QoS so am not sure which one you mean...

Greetings,

UE
Sorry for the delayed response - was just referring to standard QoS in ipFire.

Stefan87

Post by Stefan87 » March 14th, 2018, 3:15 pm

ntopng has ceased to function with ip fire version 119

please update ntopng

ummeegge
Community Developer
Community Developer

Post by ummeegge » March 16th, 2018, 4:41 pm

Hi,
did you tried may a

Code: Select all

ln -s /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
?
New ntopng version will come with the next Core update to 120 (shouldn´t take too long) since a new OpenSSL lib will then be delivered, ntopng needs also to be updated.

UE

Stefan87

Post by Stefan87 » March 16th, 2018, 7:22 pm

Work thanks

Hellfire

Post by Hellfire » March 17th, 2018, 9:08 am

ummeegge wrote:
March 16th, 2018, 4:41 pm
New ntopng version will come with the next Core update to 120 (shouldn´t take too long) since a new OpenSSL lib will then be delivered, ntopng needs also to be updated.
Servus,

does this statement mean that ntopng will find its way into Pakfire or still available as a stand-alone package?

Michael

ummeegge
Community Developer
Community Developer

Post by ummeegge » March 18th, 2018, 9:26 am

Moin,
no it won´t be part of Pakfire. New version means in here whereby there are currently problems to build it for 32bit (libz.a problem), tried it also for ARM whereby Redis do have problems. Currently not sure howto fix it.

UE

Stefan87

Post by Stefan87 » May 3rd, 2018, 12:13 pm

can I make the update to 120 or should I better wait until a new ntopng version comes out

ummeegge
Community Developer
Community Developer

Post by ummeegge » May 3rd, 2018, 3:40 pm

You should be fine with Core 120 since the old OpenSSL lib is still included as compat.

UE

Hellfire

Post by Hellfire » May 3rd, 2018, 5:48 pm

ummeegge wrote:
March 16th, 2018, 4:41 pm
Hi,
did you tried may a

ln -s /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
So, just updated my test machine to core 120 and tried to install ntopng for the first time ever. My test machine is a fresh core 119 installation that was updated today to core 120 and restarted afterwards.

While the installation of ntopng went smoothly this does not applied for the GeoIP installation. I got an error like depicted here:
2018-05-03_194153.png
I thought that the above given symbolic link creation would fix that, but it didn't:

[root@vmipfire tmp]# ln -s /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15': File exists
Of course reading this error again it's clear what went wrong, however, this means neither the fix works, or better isnt't needed nor does the GeoIP installation work.

So anything I could retry to get ntopng running? Btw, I guess ntopng is not integrated into IPFire itself, so what's the URL to see its WebIF?

Thanks,
Michael

Stefan87

Post by Stefan87 » May 3rd, 2018, 8:55 pm

Okay Then I'm waiting with the 120 update until a new version of ntopng is available

gocart

Post by gocart » May 4th, 2018, 2:04 pm

Hallo...

hätte da auch noch was im Angebot: ntopng Community Edition v.3.4.180504 für x86 und x64
Mit allen nötigen Libs und Core120 fähig als klassisches .ipfire Paket zum installieren über /opt/pakfire/tmp.

Das wird vorher noch benötigt:
Redis 4.0.9 x86 and x64

Grüße, gocart
Last edited by gocart on May 5th, 2018, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edwin

Post by Edwin » May 4th, 2018, 6:36 pm

Yesterday evening I installed ntopng for the first time via Erik's script and it worked right away. Wow, that's nice!
After happily clicking around in it for like an hour or so, it stopped responding, the process had stopped. Restarting the service didn't work, restarting the firewall didn't work either. Tried to uninstall, install, upgrade, uninstall, install, etc. to no avail.

Starting Traffic Analyzer and Flow Collector... 
/usr/bin/ntopng: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory                 [ FAIL ]
'/etc/ntopng/scripts/geoip_ntopngDEV_updater.sh' -> '/etc/fcron.weekly/geoip_ntopngDEV_updater.sh'

Installation is finish now.

Something went wrong ntopng has NOT been started, please report this here --> https://forum.ipfire.org/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19565 will then try to help you.
Just noticed gocart made .ipfire files. Great! So I uninstalled the previous installation and installed redis and than ntopng.

Extract files: done...
Config file already exist
Certificate for HTTPS support is already present
Disable mprotect for ntopng
file /usr/bin/ntopng had a PT_GNU_STACK program header, converted
Download geoip databases: done...
Enable autostart and start daemon...
     Starting ntopng Traffic Analyzer and Flow Collector.../usr/bin/ntopng: error while loading shared libraries: libldap-2.4.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
*****                                                                  [ FAIL ]

Process can´t be started please come to https://forum.ipfire.org/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19565 , try then to help you.
So, now I'm stuck.

On my second (test-) firewall the first installation (Erik's scripts) is still running. I have no clue what went wrong,

Regards,
Edwin.