since i have (mostly) integrated the community edition of ntopng --> http://www.ntop.org/products/traffic-analysis/ntop/ which currently includes the following packages
- https://github.com/json-c/json-c # Not needed anymore since Core 125 json-c is part of IPFires core system
- https://github.com/maxmind/geoip-api-c # Has been dropped with v.3.7 and substituted with libmaxminddb.
- https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/ # Perl modules only. No functionality only dependency
into IPFire, i wanted to provide it also to the community for extensions/feedback/testings if someone is interested, an In- Uninstaller for 32 bit and 64 bit systems are available (currently no Arm) in here --> https://gitlab.com/ummeegge/ntopng-ipfi ... /README.md some explanations can be found what the installer does and what not. You can execute the installer via:
USE TESTING SYSTEMS FOR THIS
Keep also in mind that ntopng can uses a lot of RAM, do not use machines with little free RAM for this installation.
Code: Select all
cd /tmp && curl -O https://gitlab.com/ummeegge/ntopng-ipfire/-/raw/master/scripts/ntopng-installer.sh && chmod +x ntopng-installer.sh ./ntopng-installer.sh
Since gocart has also build packages for ntopng (the stable not the dev version) on IPFire --> viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19565&start=15#p111142 (thanks gocart;) you have now the choice ;-)
As ever, testings, feedback and further development might be nice.
EDIT/Fixes with the help of the Ntopng team (thanks by the way to those guys ;-) for the current development version 3.*_dev:
- Uploaded version v.3.1.171121 [Community build]
- Added update function to installer.
- Updated version to ntopng-3.3.180128, nDPI-2.2.180128 <-- both are DEV versions, redis-4.0.6, json-c-0.13-20171207, zeromq-4.2.3 .
An updater has been integrated so ntopng´s history, the configuration file, protos.txt and the redis.conf should be save while an update.
- Update to v.3.3.180624, nDPI-v.2.2.180624 <-- Dev versions, redis-4.0.8, json-c-0.13.1, zeromq-4.2.3 and the MySQL perl modules has been added since IPFire do not provide MySQL anymore but Ntopng uses it as dependency. Since the MySQL functionalities in the community version are not that useful/comprehensive --> https://www.ntop.org/products/traffic-analysis/ntop/ i decided to keep the installation more lightweight (no MySQL functionality) but have had to install the perl modules to bring Ntopng to life.
- Update to v.3.5.180626 fixed problem https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/issues/1833 .
- Transfered repo to Gitlab
- Update to ntopng version v.3.7.180823 [Community build] . For further informations take a look in here --> viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19565&p=118363#p118363 .
- Updated version v.3.7.180828 [Community build] . For further informations/fixes --> https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/issues/1935 take a look in here --> viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19565&start=105#p118454 .
- Updated version to 3.8 stable [Community build] . For further informations take a look in here --> viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19565&p=121877#p121877
- Updated version with big version number jump to v.3.9.191712 (development version) [Community build] which includes updates for libmaxmind to version 1.4.2, redis to version 5.0.7, zeromq to version 4.3.2 and nDPI to version 3.1.191712 (development version).
- Updated version to ntopng 4.1.200904 and redis 5.0.8
ATTENTION: Since this a mayor release, all old data will be lost YOU WILL START FROM THE BEGINNING !!! If you want to save the data, you will back up the RDB´s by yourself
- Since Core 145 has an updated OpenLDAP the following problem can appear --> https://community.ipfire.org/t/ntopng-i ... bject/2556 . This has been fixed with an recompilation of the old Ntopng 4.1.200904 version. All packages are the same version. This version will only work with Core 145 or newer!!!
- The last version have had a segfault by the usage of the protos.txt which has been fixed with the now actual dev version v.4.1.200624 [Community build] GIT rev: dev:cea186ba754ac20506462e632ee5f0a0467f755b:20200624 , which incl. also an update of nDPI to version 3.2.200624 . An bug with update.sh which did not apply the backup correctly has also been fixed.