Problems with update to Core 122

Help on building IPFire & Feature Requests
KMH-Rocker

Problems with update to Core 122

Post by KMH-Rocker » August 23rd, 2018, 7:34 am

Hi,

i am very happy with the IPFire as a proxy Solution. And it is Working fine since a year without any Problems or Errors. But with the newly Update core 122 i am having a huge Problem.
At first, there are 4 ipfires running in our company in 2 Locations, 3 of them Updated fine, without Errors or Problems, but the Main one did not.
I think i found the Problem, and i can repeat the Problem. I re-installed the Server 3 times yesterday - after the Update - same Problem. See the Attached Picture for Failure.
- Error: file '/vmlinuz-3.14.79-ipfire' not found.

Hardware: HP DL 360 with 1x Xeon, like Core2 duo

i think the reason for that, is that interresting named Volume by the HP RAID Controller.
/dev/cciss!c0d0 HP LOGICAL VOLUME 1.20
/dev/cciss!c0d1 HP LOGICAL VOLUME 1.20
My mind says Point of failure is the ! Symbol while trying to boot. Since Core 110 up to 120 no Problem at all.

Maybe you can Check this - Before other will hit that Problem too.

kind regards,
some Rocker
Attachments
IMG_20180822_152341728.jpg

Arne.F
Core Developer
Core Developer

Re: Problems with update to Core 122

Post by Arne.F » August 23rd, 2018, 8:02 am

The last step of core122 is updating the grub conf and according your errormessage this was not done. (your grub try to load the old kernel.)
For me this looks that you have rebooted before core122 installation was finished.

Wait for "core-upgrade 122 need a reboot." in the IPFire log section.

Also be prepared for another problem. If you Bios/Firware of the raid controller is not up to date you may run into an other problem that the kernel not detect the raid on this HP.
Arne

Support the project on the donation!

PS: I will not answer support questions via email and ignore IPFire related messages on my non IPFire.org mail addresses.

KMH-Rocker

Post by KMH-Rocker » August 23rd, 2018, 8:50 am

thx for the Reply.

Puuh that Old Hardware - checking for Firmware Updates... I dont know if this is worth the time i have to spend.

i am not 100% shure if there was the "plz reboot" message on the first time running into that Error, but i am at the second time! I remeber that it was there, so this cant be the Problem. Also on the three other Machines everything worked fine, plus on the one with older slower Hardware.

That Machine is an 19" Rack Server with RAID Controller and SAS drives - i think the Software wont see the raid itself - only the Volumes. :D

Arne.F
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by Arne.F » August 23rd, 2018, 8:59 am

Puuh that Old Hardware - checking for Firmware Updates... I dont know if this is worth the time i have to spend.
HP's support is really good. The release bios updates also for old systems but on the other side HP Systems often run in such bios bugs with storage controllers.
Arne

Support the project on the donation!

PS: I will not answer support questions via email and ignore IPFire related messages on my non IPFire.org mail addresses.