apcupsd on RPi

Questions to IPFire Addons.
northpole

apcupsd on RPi

Post by northpole » July 22nd, 2014, 5:21 am

Is the apcupsd addon not compatible on armv5 version of ipfire, that's running on a Raspberry Pi?
After installing and when it reboots, the boot process hangs at loading the apcupsd daemon and never boots up fully. Since it runs headless, I have to connect it to hdmi monitor and keyboard to troubleshoot. After this I just can't repair it, I have to dd a fresh image and reconfigure. Initially I thought it could be one off problem or with SD card. But it happened again.

Don

Re: apcupsd on RPi

Post by Don » July 1st, 2019, 11:38 am

I am also having a similar issue with APCupsd but not on a Raspberry Pi machine. The firewall will just hang in the booting process when Apcupsd starts up and there is nothing that can be done except to reload the entire firewall.

Arne.F
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by Arne.F » July 1st, 2019, 11:57 am

The latest apcupsd 3.14.14 is from 2016 and seems unmaintained, maybee not working...

To skip the start at boot try to add "skipinit=apcupsd" at the kernel commandline or mount the filesystem in an other linux pc and add "exit 0" to etc/init.d/apcupsd
After this the system should boot and you can remove apcupsd via pakfire
Arne

Support the project on the donation!

PS: I will not answer support questions via email and ignore IPFire related messages on my non IPFire.org mail addresses.

dnl

Post by dnl » July 11th, 2019, 9:37 am

I was going to suggest that, after you'd fixed the problem, you could try "nut" Network UPS tools instead, but while it has activity on it's github site, the main maintainer seems to have lost interest as the last release was 2016.
IPFire 2.x (Latest Update) on x86_64 Intel Bay Trail CPU, 4GiB RAM, RED + GREEN + BLUE + ORANGE