LCDProc AddOn

Questions to IPFire Addons.
harlleysathler

LCDProc AddOn

Post by harlleysathler » September 4th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Hi all! First post! Newbie here. Just installed my first IPFire machine (used IPCop sometime ago).

I see on the AddOn list on web interface that there's an LCDProc package, but found no documentation for it. Installed it and configure my LCD display (HD44780 in 4bit mode with a FTDI serial/usb adapter). When configuring the LCDd.conf I set the driver's connection type to FTDI (I have successfully used this same display on another computer before), but when tried to run LCDd, with -f option, I get an error indicating the driver mode is invalid. I think the package was not compiled with support for ftdi adapters. When I used it before, I compiled LCDProc from sources and remember to install libusb and libftdi.

So, as I found little reference for LCDProc on IPFire, can anyone give-me some advice or pointing me to some documentation?

Thank you all!

democles

Re: LCDProc AddOn (updated)

Post by democles » February 25th, 2018, 8:00 pm

Hi,
Encountered also problems with lcdproc and HD44870 driver but with the use of i2c expander.
As explained on site of lcdproc for the driver, I did load the i2c-dev module but the device has not been recognised (yet). I2C-tools are not build for Ipfire so not much troubleshooting....Using a PCengines APU1d4 board with latest ipfire..
Hope some can help us both.....
(update) Did try to load all i2c modules (i2c-mux,......) into kernel but no luck... my i2C HD44870 backpack (based on a PCF8574AT) not recognized so no i2c-dev entry... it seems the kernel driver for the pcf8574A is not built info the kernel and not as a module... soluties should be to build my own kernel and inclusie it...
Did one of you already did this with the current 3.x series ? Thx
democles, never to old to learn 8)

democles

Re: LCDProc AddOn

Post by democles » April 2nd, 2018, 11:34 am

Did some additional testing and put some info on the hardware (I2C related) section of the forum. If one could help, this would be great...
see this topic.
democles, never to old to learn 8)