Thank you for your response. I have actually done everything you suggested. The problem first started occurring when I upgraded from Core 133 to 134. I thought about restoring to a previous snapshot, but the last snapshot I took was running Core 129. I tried it anyway and restored the snapshot back to Core 129, but there was no change...I was still running into the same issues. So, since Core 135 was the latest version available, I downloaded the Core 135 iso image and built a new VM with it and then powered off the original one and moved the new one into place. Everything worked great for about a week and then the problem started up again. I have also tried changing my DNS servers multiple times. I was originally using Quad 9's DNS service (188.8.131.52) because it has always worked for me, but I also switched to 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 and the result was no different. Some web pages still won't load in a browser even if I can ping them and wget seems to indicate a successful connection.Alorotom wrote: ↑September 19th, 2019, 6:37 amHello axel2078,
since your IPFire is on VMWare, why not set up a second VM with a straight standard installation based on the current image. Just to check if the problems occure also on that or not. This could narrow it down to your productive VM and it's configuration or to an IPFire problem in general (maybe in a specific constellation).
If you query this bulletin board you'll find some more fellow sufferer. As far as I know, this has never been traced down to the clear reason. As I experienced this behaviour I could at least figure it out as a DNS problem. It did for some reason not resolve the target domain (combination of unbound / DNSSEC / german Telekom DNS). Just now all your provided links resolve fine for me but e.g. https://worldclassroom.webster.edu/login/ldap is not only worldclassroom.webster.de but also minimum four other domains: cloudfront.net, google-analytics.com, gstatic.com and instructure-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com. So if not all of them load correct, the site might time out although you can ping worldclassroom.webster.edu.
This said you could also give a try to configure other DNS Servers for IPFire.
IPfire has always been rock solid for me until the last couple months. Now, it's becoming more of a hindrance. I hate to say it, but I may have to abandon IPfire and go back to relying on my wireless router. I will lose a lot of functionality that IPfire offers, but at least I can get websites to load reliably.