Core 122 and 123 Addons not appearing in pakfire

Questions to IPFire Addons.
WL7JA-7

Core 122 and 123 Addons not appearing in pakfire

Post by WL7JA-7 » September 16th, 2018, 2:55 am

OK.

I have a IPFIRE Appliance unit it was loaded with core 122 and I updated it to core 123 and crashed,
reinstalled with current core and noticed there we no addons. I rolled back to Core 120 same issue.
Did a fresh install with core 122. same issue no addons available. Any help would be appreciated.
I have seen this issue before and can't what I did to resolve it.

P.S. I have reinstall 3 times. Same results.

Here is debugging output - this is just an example from ssh into ipfire

[root@HomeNet ~]# pakfire list
packages total.
[root@HomeNet ~]# pakfire install mc

Giving up: There was no chance to get the file "2.21-x86_64/lists/server-list.db" from any available server.
There was an error on the way. Please fix it. (how stupid)

MIRROR ERROR: Could not find or download a server list
[root@HomeNet ~]#

I haven't found any error in logs, although looked the db file its ok.

Best Regards,
WL7JA-7/Patrick Wilke :-[

A

WL7JA-7

Re: Core 122 and 123 Addons not appearing in pakfire

Post by WL7JA-7 » September 20th, 2018, 8:41 am

Well so much for support, ha.

Arne.F
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by Arne.F » September 22nd, 2018, 11:38 pm

I had no Idea whats happened but it sounds that you cannot download anything from our server or the downloads cannot verified.

Is you Internet connection OK?
Is your time set correct (this is needed for verify DNSSec answers and Package signatures...

Please post a bit more details...
Arne

Support the project on the IPFire whishlist!

PS: I will not answer support questions via email and ignore IPFire related messages on my non IPFire.org mail addresses.

WL7JA-7

Post by WL7JA-7 » September 26th, 2018, 1:11 am

by Arne.F » September 22nd, 2018, 3:38 pm
I had no Idea whats happened but it sounds that you cannot download anything from our server or the downloads cannot verified.

[WL7JA-7]
It works just fine on the Dell Optiplex 790. Its one of your purchased IPFire Duo Box's without wireless that I am having problems
with. (SN:2018-000779) I noticed it when I started it up and it had core 122 on it and there were no addons. So I noticed there
was an update to core 123. That actually hung the system, after I logged on to it in single user mode found problem in the boot
script repaired it and when it booted up properly I went to pakfire and still no addons.

[WL7JA-7}
Yes it is. Like I indicated works fine on my Dell.

Is your time set correct (this is needed for verify DNSSec answers and Package signatures...
[WL7JA-7]
I will switch DNSSec to one of Googles DNS and try again.

WL7JA-7

Post by WL7JA-7 » September 26th, 2018, 2:03 am

Arne.F
Core Developer
Core Developer

Arne.F

I changed the DNS address to googles DNS downloaded it again. Same result. Then I noticed with ISP on the first
Line of DNS Status the following:

Nameserver Country rDNS Status
216.152.176.1 US ns1.mtaonline.net DNSSEC Not supported
64.4.226.40 US mtachqdns.mtaonline.net DNSSEC Aware

Spoke with one of there Support Techs that didn't help he said I was talking way above his pay grade, go figure.

Anyway so I logged back on the the IPFire appliance box and noticed that the addons have re-appeared.
Darn Linux ghosts messing with me....Not sure if changing to Googles DNS did it, who knows. What log
file does IPFire create if there any errors with regards to pakfire addons?

Best Regards
WL7JA-7/Patrick Wilke

Post by Arne.F » September 22nd, 2018, 11:38 pm

Arne

Arne.F
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by Arne.F » September 27th, 2018, 1:38 pm

pakfire log messages will stored at /var/log/messages like all other log entries. They are filtered by some keywords for the view in the webif log page.

The install/update logs of particular packages and core upgrades are stored in /opt/pakfire/logs ...

IPFire refuses to use "Not DNSSec aware servers" at all.
It also verify DNSSec signed domain. (pakfire.ipfire.org) is signed so if you not got the correct dns keys or a faked answer IPFire will ignore it for security reasons. Very important for this verification is a correct system time. (Normal IPFire try to correct this via ntp if DNS is not working but this may fail sometimes)

An other possible reason for the missing addon/mirrorlist may be our server problems three weeks ago and last week. IPFire needs the mainserver after first installation to get the mirrorlist. After this it can choose from more than 10 different mirrors.
Arne

Support the project on the IPFire whishlist!

PS: I will not answer support questions via email and ignore IPFire related messages on my non IPFire.org mail addresses.