Unable to change to desired theme

General questions.
ckw

Unable to change to desired theme

Post by ckw » April 9th, 2019, 1:22 pm

Greetings, I'm having an issue with the "GUI Settings", specifically, the Theme setting. With core128 installed, my chosen theme is "maniac". Some how the setting has gotten corrupted and I don't know how to fix it.

I am really unfamiliar with other themes so my descriptions may not be completely accurate. At any rate, the appearance of the GUI has become one that has a black background, orange text with two orange, blurred horizontal lines in the header, and basically a look that I don't care for and don't want (even though the GUI Settings claims the theme is still set to maniac).

When I change the theme to any other choice and click on "save", there is no change in the appearance of the page. If I then switch the theme setting back to maniac and click save, The appearance changes back to what maniac should be (except that the drop down menus are rounded instead of rectangular). However, as soon as I click on any other link on the page, the target of that link is displayed, but in the black and orange themed appearance. And, stays that way until I go back to "GUI Settings" and go through the same theme switching process I described above.

Core129 was released, so I updated to that this morning to see if that would resolve the issue. but, it did not ...

How can I fix this so that the theme I want and choose remains in effect? Please help as I really don't know perl scripting

ckw

Re: Unable to change to desired theme

Post by ckw » April 17th, 2019, 12:32 am

Did an a new install of core130, restored my configuration backup, and, issue is resolved.

I, unfortunately, don't see how to mark this issue as resolved.